- Each category requires a minimum of five participants,
otherwise the category will be annulled.
- Oman Web Awards has the right to refuse any website deemed
offensive, contravening to traditional and local values
- Original work material and other procedures might be requested to prove the ownership and authenticity of the website.
1- Concept / Creativity: ( 20% )
- Innovative ideas that lead to final design solution
- Original solutions for interactivity
2- Technical / Ease of use / Navigation ( 25% )
- Outstanding use of special software applications
- Data base: ex. Oracle, S Q L Server, IBM DB2 … etc
- Language used: ex . net frame work ( ASP, ADO,C# VB )
PERL ( CGI … etc ) JAVA Script + more…etc.
(.Net, JSP, EJB, Perl, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, SQL, C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML/HTTP, XML, DHTML, WAP, CSS, SSL)
- Compatibility and adaptation of the design.
3- Content/Structure: (25%)
- of links
- of contents
- of Data
- Easy navigation & user friendly
- Accessibility of the website (KB size)
- HTML (asp, php, cgi, xml, sql …etc) formats preferably should not exceed 60KB/webpage in each website.
- Flash animation (swf) preferably should not exceed: 300KB (the smaller the better).
- In design of all the inner and outer web pages of the website.
4- Visual design solution/ Aesthetics (20%)
- Proper application of design principles:
Harmony, balance, color scheme, contrast.
- Interactivity of type and image.
- Sequential design: visual links between main page and inside pages with the respect of the site brand and identity.
5- Interactivity (10%)
- Building interesting valuable experience:
- Control, creativity, productivity, communication, adaptation.